My cello and I have been spending the last few months together.
I don’t think its the voice I want…
I still try to play it like a lead guitar.
I run out of neck space to get the voice I need.
(Why didn’t you start on a viola first?)
I wanted something with a scale length comparable to a guitar. Plus the viola would have this “chin rest foundation” issue with my make-up.
Which is more important: having the voice or having no make-up smeared?
Drawbacks of the cello I have learned:
- Hurts my hands after fretting chords
- I have the habit of looking at the fingerboard
- Playing on the body part of the fingerboard to get the sound
- I am immobile when playing in public and people can harass a girl like me
- Voicing and parts too similar to bass guitar-which I left because it doesn’t express me
So at least I bought a cheap one. Violas are comparably less expensive than a cello.
Life would be easier without music in ones heart, but would it be a life?